Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Super Turbos?

Hey guys!

Just opened up 2+2 to see that they have added super turbo HUSNG's. I mean this is exciting for everyone and all but personally I'm not really in love with it. To be perfectly honest I think they're really bad for the economy, especially as a reg speed player because now all the degen's have much sweeter options than playing 75BB deep HUSNG's. Redback Poker recently added super-turbos, but i think their structure is much more reasonable and almost equivelant to FTP normal turbos.

So the FTP structure looks like this:

- 300 starting chips
- 3 minute blinds (15/30, 20/40, 25/50, and to be honest it really doesn't matter past there because i doubt a match will ever go beyond the 9 min mark).
- 2.5% rake.

Redback on the other hand:

- 1500 starting chips
- 2 minute blinds (15/30, 20/40, 30/60, 40/80, 50/100, 60/120 etc)
- 4% rake.

I mean the Redback are very comparable to FTP turbos though one level faster for every 3 levels. And even with rake a fair bit higher than FTP, i believe they are actually beatable. I genuinely don't believe that the super-turbos are all that beatable even with 2.5% rake, and if you were to play them i expect the variance to be absurd. I don't really want to make huge judgements one way or another until i play some or see some decent sample's from some good players (which i'm sure we will be seeing very shortly).

In other news, things have been flat out at the moment. Organising my trips to London/Belgium/Singapore (19thNov- 3rdDec) was quite an effort as well as getting everything booked for my short trip to Melbourne on the 17th. As well as this making sure i'm well prepared for the trip in terms of clothing (for cold weather) and ensuring i have everything booked/confirmed has been interesting. Usually when i travel i have my fiance with me so this will be my first time without her so determined to make sure i know shit before i go because usually i can depend on her to know i have to be in X place at X time. I'm not very good at getting my shit together in general, i much prefer the take it as it comes approach, however she is very organised and thank god for that. So instead i got her to help me organise my trip ;) and seems I'm all ready to go now.

Also went and looked into renewing gym membership. We went out to health centre to register Nat for her pre-natal yoga classes, and was looking to do it then but didn't carry my bank details with me so will likely do this when i get back from my trip. Really need to get back into shape as i've definately gotten lazy this year in general. I plan on quitting smoking after my trip and hopefully get myself back into shape as well. Plan on doing a fair bit of swimming, it's something i've always really enjoyed and is great thinking time + great exercise.

Finished my final University exam today (for the moment) so that's a huge load off. In saying it's done, i began my studies at around 11pm last night and slept for about 3 hours before heading off for a 9am start =P

Poker has been very meh. Very very swingy and that's mostly due to me playing $360 turbo 4-mans and myself + partner's running pretty horrendously overall. Still started the month ok (better than last month lol), even though i obviously feel like i should be doing better. I think that's all for now gonna go watch the degen's blow all they're money in super-turbos.

GL in your games~!!

Matt

1 comment:

  1. I think they will be beatable for a while...
    Like the DoNs were, and also the 9man superturbos (they still are, but in a very different way) in the beginning...

    NEq charts will be flying around like crazy on poker sites and forums, so even donks will adapt eventually.

    ReplyDelete