Friday, November 27, 2009

BCOP + Europe

Hey guys!

Not sure how long this will be because not sure of the plans today but will try to do the best i can to re-cap some of what's happened so far.

So i arrived in London a bit over a week ago now and enjoyed my time in London. It's a really nice city but everything is so god damn nitty. Like i arrived at 8am and all i wanted was a big breakfast. I went to look for cafe's etc to get a big breakfast around 10am when i got into the city but apparently everywhere stops serving breakfast at around 10am, they're such life nits. I met up with Radeh for dinner in the evening and i was extremely jet-lagged but he was such a cool and intelligent dude, and i swear i could have talked to him all night, he has an extremely good knowledge of a lot of topics. So we had dinner then went and got a few drinks but all the pubs also close at 11pm in London, haha. But had a cool time with him and grateful for him showing me around some of the baller shopping in and around Picadilly circus as well! =)

I caught the train from London to Belgium which was pretty cool, but the last part of the journey was certainly interesting. I had to change train's from the high speed train to a regular public train and I was under the impression that a lot of people in Belgium spoke English but apprently not as on my train from Brussels to Namur (during peakhour) i was getting yelled at by old ladies because the train was sooooooo packed and i was taking up too much room with all my luggage. The thing was i couldn't understand what they were saying to me haha. So after a very awkward 40 minute train ride i finally arrived in Namur.

Basically, since i have been here i have had an amazing time with Bryan (PrimordialAA), Spamz (mientjeuh), and Ben (pokiethepanda). We haven't really had the results in live poker reflect how badly we have crushed people here but i guess that's just the nature of the game. We have had some sick results online though, and last night i had very close to my biggest winning session ever. The room (was Bryan, Spamz, and I) made about 35k between us which was a pretty sick session for HUSNGers. It's been really cool to meet up and be able to talk to people better than myself about strategy and watch what they do and be able to learn from it. I have learnt a TON from Spamz and Bryan even though we haven't really sat down and done a coaching session or anything like that, i think you can learn a lot more just by paying attention and listening to them in general. I have also learnt how bad Bryan and Spamz fail at CC roulette, since i haven't paid for a meal since i've been here ;) But everyone i have met here has been extremely cool and the group has just got along really really well.

I have a few days left here and not sure exactly what the plans are for the next couple of days, but i intend on writing a poker re-cap on my flight from Frankfurt to Singapore with the re-caps of the tournaments i have played and some of the crucial spots, as well as a little more detailed trip report. In the meantime, good luck in all of your games!!!!

Talk soon!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment